Resident Evil: Retribution brings characters back from the dead

More details about the upcoming Resident Evil film, Resident Evil Retribution, have been leaked on Twitter.  Once again the film’s lead actress, Milla Jovovich, was behind it, but this time the news isn’t about characters not returning.  It’s about the return of ones who have already been killed off.  Rain Ocampo, One and Carlos Oliveira, played by Michelle Rodriguez, Colin Salmon and Oded Fehr respectively, will all be appearing in the film despite being killed in previous instalments.

Fans of the franchise may remember Rain and One (the leader of the tactical group) from the first movie.  One was lucky enough to die before the zombies were even released, though he was cut into bite sized pieces by a laser so he wasn’t really that lucky.  Rain survived a lot longer, but was infected early on in the film and unfortunately didn’t get to the anti-virus quick enough and became a zombie.  She was then shot, like she’d requested, by Alice (Jovovich).

Carlos Oliveira appeared in both the second and third Resident Evil films and was one of the first game characters to be in the movies.  He got infected and, knowing it was too late to save himself, gave up his life by blowing himself and hundreds of zombies up to ensure the others could make it to the helicopter safely.

How can they possibly bring back these characters?  Well its Resident Evil so they could be clones or, the simple idea, they may only appear in flashbacks.  Either way it’ll be nice to see the characters again and hopefully they’ll in it for longer than Jill was in Resident Evil: Afterlife.

What do you think?  Would you like to see them as clones or in flashbacks?  How are you most excited about coming back?  Are you happy they are returning?  Let me know by voting and leaving a comment below.  Also don’t forget to subscribe/follow and click the like button.

I’m real interested to see how they are going to pull this off I think the clones and flashbacks are two good theories. Can’t wait for the movie

September 28, 2011 at 12:36 am

• Thanks, it’s going to be brilliant I can’t wait either.

December 12, 2011 at 10:56 pm

2. ronnie

Am I the only one that has noticed that all three dead characters coming back worked for the umbrella corporation and how they could get their DNA easily and clone them that’s what I think will happen I mean the DNA would be before they met Alice so the clones would not know her meaning they would follow the corporations orders and fight her with no regret while she would find it hard to kill her old friends and that’s probably what will happen I mean they all worked for the same company so that right there is the key to the mystery surrounding clones or flash backs but we won’t know for sure until it comes out I really hope they are clones I want to see them fight Alice and see if she can get them on the team ether way it will be nice to see those characters again which are some of my favorites in the resident evil movies well let me know what you guys think am I on the right track you think

December 8, 2011 at 5:41 am

• Yeah I think you’re definately on the right track and it would be interesting to see Alice fight her old friends. Even if it is just as clones, I’m glad the characters are coming back because they really were great characters. They may also be back in flashbacks, which would be way less cool, but also good. Thanks for the comment, you brought up some interesting points.

December 12, 2011 at 10:53 pm

3. SgtGGuy

I am completely for the clones theory the latter flashbacks would be a let down i want present action not just remonisce, who wud care enough if the whole movie was about what happened not what will

December 26, 2011 at 4:38 pm

• Haha I think you’ve misunderstood the flashback theory is that they would just appear in a few short flashbacks explaining some of umbrella’s plan, not that the whole movie would be a flashback. Though I agree clones would be better to see, so let’s hope that’s what they’re doing.

December 31, 2011 at 10:21 pm

4. Charlene

I’d like them as clones. Rain, Oliviera and Valentine were the best characters of these films and it was awful to lost them all (I won’t even mention these 4 seconds of Jill in Afterlife) I hope this film will be better than last 2.

January 6, 2012 at 12:44 pm

• I hope they get a significant amount of screen time, and not just a repeat of what happened to Jill last movie. I actually that Extinction was pretty good, but number 2 and 4 were not great. Still I bought them all so I can’t really complain ha.

January 7, 2012 at 4:10 pm

5. the dead characters are for flashbacks for a better understanding of the characters and their lives before the virus, i think that it will go, from the start, that what the characters were like then while they worked for umbrella to the way they are now so it will likely cut back to all sorts of flashbacks, mainly from Alice’s life, likely, so her clones will definitly be in the movie. did anyone even notice how many clones were in extinction? (hundreds) and they only showed a few in afterlife, does anyone think that it’s possible more of her clones are still alive and will return for retribution or the one after that? i hope so…

February 6, 2012 at 2:51 pm

• Interesting theory, I like it because there are so many unanswered questions about Alice’s past. I just took for granted that all her clones were killed in the explosion, but they may not have been. Are you a fan of the Alice clones? I was really disappointed by the small part they placed in Afterlife. Thanks for the comment, sorry for the delay in responding.

February 23, 2012 at 9:43 pm