Bring Back V

V is a show about aliens, known as The Visitors, who come to Earth claiming that they are peaceful, loving creatures, when in actual fact they are evil reptilian monsters.  Some people accept them, but others know the truth and try to fight against them.  The battle seemed to be going in the V’s favour, until the brave soldiers of ABC stepped in and sent The Visitors away.  Now fans of the series unite and demand that ABC bring back the Vs.

The show stars Elizabeth Mitchell and Morena Baccarin, Mitchell as an FBI agent/mother and Baccarin as an invading alien queen/mother.  The series has a complex and compelling plot as well as good strong characters and plenty of character development.  It’s really one my favourite shows at the moment, the only problem is that it got cancelled last month on the 13th of May.  This meant that the show was left at a cliffhanger.  So that’s where you come in, please sign the online petition to bring the show back.  Every signature brings us one step closer to season 3 and if you’re a really big fan you could also try writing a letter and mailing it to ABC at this address; Mr. Stephen McPherson, Chairman, ABC, 500 S. Buena Vista Street, Burbank, CA 91521, RE: V.  If you do go down that road make sure you stay polite, being rude isn’t going to help anyone.  The petition can be found at this link; http://www.petitiononline.com/julietp1/petition.html.

Though this series may only have two seasons so far, V has been around for a long time.  The franchise goes back as far as 1983 when a miniseries, also called V, was aired.  The following year there was another miniseries that continued the plot and then there was a TV series that lasted one season, finishing in 1985.  The premise of the old V shows and the new one are the same, evil invading aliens who wear human skin to hide the fact that they are reptilian, but the characters and storylines are a lot different.  One of the old characters is actually in the new series as the mother of Morena Baccarin’s character.  She has the same name as she did in the previous shows and even reminisces about things that do relate back to the original series.  That’s actually one of my favourite things about the show, it respects where it came from and it throws that in for fans of the old shows.

It’s not often that a show this unique and intriguing comes along so don’t let it slip away without a fight.

What do you think?  Are you a fan of V?  Do you want the show to return?  Let me know by voting and leaving a comment below.

I think it should come back. I signed the petition so hopefully it works 🙂

June 12, 2011 at 9:03 pm

• Anthony

SO DID I! I ALSO PLAN TO DONATE AS WELL!
      I REALLY WANNA SEE HUMANITY AND THE FEW GOOD V’s WIN!!!

November 19, 2011 at 8:51 am

• It’s a brilliant show and you never know it could come back, family guy got brought back more than once due to DVD sales.

November 19, 2011 at 11:30 am

• Anthony

Boy, I hope you’re right about the Family guy think, I knew about that, Futurama too.
      I just hated seeing all of Humanity turned into mindless Voodoo zombies and the show ending like that, especially after the reveal of Project Ares.

November 19, 2011 at 1:22 pm

2. hans mans

BRING IT BACK OMFG !!!!!!!!!!!

July 30, 2011 at 3:48 pm

• Maybe DVD sales will bring it back, it’s worked before.

November 19, 2011 at 11:31 am

3. Levi

Please keep this up this show needs to come back!

January 1, 2012 at 7:33 pm

• I love V and still haven’t given up hope it’ll come back. There is a group, called Project Alice, that are campaigning, via letter writing, to have the show renewed. You can find them on Facebook if you’d like to get involved with that. It’s such a great show I can’t believe it got cancelled.

January 4, 2012 at 8:08 pm

• Anthony

Thanks, I have already been to Project Alice. I have sent letters as well. There is always a “Project Alice” tab open in my browser, so I can always keep track of the progress.

January 4, 2012 at 10:00 pm

4. Victor Molina

The show is a hit and was lauded as such by the media and the tabloid. Some of the current lineup of ABC shows aren’t faring well. This show had great chemistry between the actors and the plot was great. I think this is a show that ABC made a mistake about when it gave it the axe. This show has star power and appeals to many and was a good replacement for Lost.

January 14, 2012 at 9:49 pm

• Anthony

You’re darn right about that! Also I just want to see that Witch Anna get smashed!!!

January 15, 2012 at 2:14 am

• Haha yeah she deserves a smashing. She was such a good character though, don’t you think. She just had a way of making you hate her, while also thinking she’s really interesting and a genius.

January 16, 2012 at 5:54 pm

• Definately and having Elizabeth Mitchell helped get over the sting of losing Lost. I don’t understand why it was cancelled, I genuinely believe it was one of the best series on TV and I hope it does come back.

January 16, 2012 at 5:56 pm

• Anthony

me too.

January 16, 2012 at 10:37 pm

5. jesse

i cant believe this show was cancelled! this was one of the best shows thats been done in years. Im so tired of these stations putting together something good, only to stop production and not give an ending. There is so much that can be done with shows like V. (They did the same thing with Heroes) At the very least finish what you start. Bring back V!

April 24, 2012 at 7:52 pm

• Very well put. It wouldn’t be as much of a let down if, rather than just stop production, they allowed the writers to put together an ending.

July 25, 2012 at 9:22 pm

6. LAWRENCE NEWMAN

OMG, AFTER WATCHING THE SECOND SEASON ON DVD, HOW CAN ABC CANCEL IT! EVEN MY 73 YEAR OLD MOTHER LOVED IT! PLEASE BRING IT BACK!

June 17, 2012 at 9:00 pm

• I hate that they left off at the beginning of a really interesting story, I don’t understand how they can justify canceling it when it clearly has a large fan base.

July 25, 2012 at 9:34 pm

7. SunRa Harakate

It’s really fucked up how these networks are not at all about treating the loyal following of a particularly “sound” brand like V that stretches the imagination with any consideration. When the bottomline is all that counts (neilsen ratings, etc.),the possibility of seeing a quality well-directed, long running series is absolutely null and void. That’s why we get a slew of soo many trashy, thrown together meaningless mumbo shows that crash and burn very quickly, ala the one and done. As a fan your loyalty gets rewarded by these tight suit dicks threatening to pull the plug on your favorite show simply because the ratings took a small decline or that it didn’t quite hit its projected target margin. Because of this, most of us just choose not to tune in and become too overly fond of any particular series.

June 26, 2012 at 2:02 am

• I agree, it’s really hard to get invested in shows when you aren’t even guarenteed any kind of ending. These shows are about telling stories and should be allowed to do so and given a proper chance at finding an audience or we’re going to end up with nothing but bad reality TV.

July 25, 2012 at 9:25 pm

8. Original-V-Fan-1983

Bring back the original Mini Series which is a classic! Hopefully The Original V will be released as movie soon! Forget this reimagining and buy the original DVD especially the first one that creator Kenneth Johnson worked on! The Final Battle was good but didnt have the same substance depth and academic underpinnings! Go back to 1983 and then drill up support for a feature, this ABC series ended because ABC knew it wasn’t of the same class or quality as the original! sorry if that upsets fans of this ABC “Reimagination”

July 16, 2012 at 3:56 pm

• I actually love the original mini series, I have all of the original V series on DVD (including the cheesy TV series). I would have loved if the new version of V was a sequel to the original rather than a reimagining, but I still found it to be a really interesting an entertaining show and am very disappointed that it, like the original series, wasn’t given the chance to have a proper ending.

July 25, 2012 at 9:29 pm