Scream 4 New Trailer

Today I thought I’d take a break from, what seems like, the endless list of remakes and instead revisit an upcoming sequel, Scream 4.  I know I already wrote about this movie, but a new trailer has been release and I think, since it’s one of the franchises that gave birth to my love of horror, it should deserves a second post.

The movie has a release date of the 15th of April, which isn’t too far away.  Personally I can’t wait.  I love all three of its predecessors and they are changing just enough, and keeping just enough, to keep the series from getting stale.  I think I’d be completely against it if they hadn’t reassembled the original trio Sidney, Dewey and Gale, Neve Campbell, David Arquette and Courteney (not a typo) Cox respectively.  Plus Wes Craven is at the wheel, so I’m confident that nothing can go wrong.

I am a bit worried about one line though, ‘Sidney’s expendable’.  If they are serious about making another trilogy, then killing off the original trio might be a necessity.  After all, no one can survive forever.  They may not kill them all off, at least not in this film, but I’d be willing to bet at least one of them doesn’t make it.  If I had to put my money on it I’d say it’ll be Sidney that meets her maker.  The franchise can only truly be handed over to the next generation when the old lead is ‘taken care of’, right?

I’m asking two questions today, but only in one poll.  For this great task I am granting you all the ability to click more than one answer.  Even if you don’t normally vote you shouldn’t miss this rare opportunity.  You may select two answers one that you think will be killed off and one that you want to be killed off.

I can’t wait 4 dis movie it gonna b so good !!!!

January 21, 2011 at 10:33 pm

• Agreed. Let’s go see it first day to avoid spoilers.

January 23, 2011 at 2:33 am

• Amy

Yeh defo !!!! It better b good or someone getting a beating dunno who yet doh 😛

January 23, 2011 at 8:57 pm

• As long as it’s not me I don’t mind ha. If it’s that bad we’ll kill whoever survives in the movie.

January 24, 2011 at 1:55 am

2. Robbie

I think the “Sidney is expendable” line was fed to the media so everyone would assume she will be the one to die.

Cox is now way too famous since the last films for her to be killed off. They’ll keep her for future releases.

It has to be that Dewey guy. But hopefully it’s Cox, in the film and in reality!

January 22, 2011 at 1:04 am

• Wow what’s with the hate? Is it because she was in friends? I don’t no how much longer they can keep Sidney without it just feeling forced. I want Sidney to survive and Dewey to die, mainly because of David Arquette (love his sister though).

January 23, 2011 at 2:38 am

• Robbie

Haters gonna hate!

They have to kill Sidney though. They need a new main character.

January 23, 2011 at 6:02 pm

• Yeah I agree with you there, if they want three more films Sidney must be destroyed.

January 24, 2011 at 1:54 am