Rest In Peace

Today is not a good day for the world.

First I’m going to talk about Leslie Nielsen, star of hit movie franchises Airplane and Naked Gun, who passed away yesterday at 5:30 pm.  Although his death is a great loss, and his comedy will be missed, he died peacefully surrounded by his friends and family.  He was 84 years young, and will be missed my many.

Sadly I recently received news that Irvin Kershner, director of Star Wars: the empire strikes back, has also died, age 87.  Kershner is rumoured to be were the idea for Yoda’s look came from and they do look suspiciously similar.  At the time of his death Kershner was working in still photography and was living in LA.

Today is not a good day for the world, but at the very least, it can be said that, these men lived full happy lives.  RIP.

Another little slice (pardon the pun) of bad news, right now my dad is in work waiting for an ambulance to arrive.  He got called in because one of the apprentices got his hand caught in a machine.  I just got a phone call and apparently his thumb is sliced in half.

Don’t forget to comment below.

About these ads

Dis is a very sad post !!!! I loved naked gun rip Leslie !!!! N rip Irvin !!!! N rip da guys thumb !!!! I hope e ok !!!! :(

November 29, 2010 at 10:04 pm

• I say he’ll be fine I just hope he didn’t take too much attention away from Leslie and Irvin

November 30, 2010 at 9:46 am

2. Robbie

I broke the news of both their deaths to you!

Also that thumb thing is quite coincidental considering I was only talking to you earlier today about how my middle finger was almost entirely severed when it was caught in someone’s front door when I was a kid.

This post is officially the Robbie post.

November 29, 2010 at 10:51 pm

• I’m sure thumbless guy will appreciate that ha

November 30, 2010 at 9:44 am

• Robbie

I’m sure he’ll appreciate the nickname “Thumbless Guy” a lot!
        When you found out what happened can you post an update on your blog?
        The Saga of Thumbless Tom

November 30, 2010 at 2:16 pm

• I’ll find out what happened to him and let you know ha.

November 30, 2010 at 2:36 pm